There is a lot of information which is lying on the World Wide Web, and we also know the fact that this data is vulnerable and easy to hack. It has raised a lot of concern and a need for cybersecurity. When we talk about cybersecurity, then it’s not just about the safety of the data but also preventing an attack on the system, ensuring confidentiality and privacy of information. All this has led to the rise in the demand for cybersecurity professionals. These individuals know all about cybersecurity and develop tools that ensure data security.
If you are willing to become a cybersecurity expert, then you would need to use different tools. The good part is that there are many such tools available in the market. Some of them are for free, while others come at a cost. If you are also willing to become certified cybersecurity professionals, then you must have a look at the following tools.
Cyber Security Tools that you would need to know-
- Metasploit Framework– Launched in the year 2003, this is sold as a penetration testing tool. Its free version is used by the novice hackers to learn the knack of the system. This tool helps decipher information about security vulnerabilities and helps in testing and development of IDS signature.
- Nmap- Another popular cybersecurity tool is Network Mapper. It is one of the most flexible and useful network security tools. It is an open-source network scanner. This tool helps discover hosts and services on a computer. This tool sends packets and analyzing the response.
- OpenSSH– It encrypts all the traffic, thus reducing the probability of hijacking or hacking. It is a suite of low-level tools. It is considered a common man’s VPN. It allows you to access the internal network with single-point access.
- Wireshark- It is an open-source packet analyzer. It is used for the following process:
- Software and Communication protocol development
It comes with in-built decryption which supports different encryption protocols.
- Nessus– It is an open-source vulnerability scanner. It is used for vulnerability assessments and penetration testing engagements. All this helps in detecting malicious attacks. This tool makes use of Nessus Attack Scripting Language (NASL), which helps in deciphering and describing threats and malicious attacks.
Final Thoughts– These are some of the many tools used by cybersecurity professionals. If you too are willing to become a Network Security Expert, it becomes important that you must have knowledge about different tools and its features so that you can use them as per the requirement. At Global Tech Council, you will get all knowledge about different cybersecurity tools and software. Besides, you also get to learn about the implementation of the same. To become a certified cybersecurity expert, connect with Global Tech Council today.